Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Card for All Seasons - by Lori B.

Let me preface this post by saying that I am a Copic newbie.  I've only used them a couple of times & still have trouble with shading.  However, I LOVE how forgiving they are.  I totally thought I had ruined one of my cards by getting color WAY outside a line, but that colorless blender saved the day and allowed me to push it all right back in (it took about three times of pushing it back then letting it dry).

So, since I'm new to Copics, I only have a few colors so I wanted to see if I could use the same markers for more than one thing.  Flower Soft to the rescue!  I used the same Flower Soft stamp and Copic markers for all three cards (oh, 2 different greens), and just changed the Flower Soft colors I used with it.


I used the Wishing Well stamp from Flower Soft for these cards.  My first card, a Spring/Summer option, uses the sentiment that comes with it.  Because of a stamping mishap, I decided to cut out the stamped image for this one, and I decided I like that the best!

I stamped my image using a Memento Black stamp pad.  I colored all of the flowers on the stamped image with a YG07 Acid Green marker prior to gluing down my Flower Soft.  That way, any places that show through look like foliage instead of seeing white.  I used Fuschia Flower Soft for this card, which I think would be great for a Spring or Summer Wedding.

For my Fall card, I grabbed a sentiment stamp from my stash, but I stick with the "wish" theme.  I can add a Happy Birthday to the inside and be all set.

For this card, I switched to a G99 Olive marker to color my foliage, and Autumn Flower Soft.  After it was partially dry, I rubbed some of it off, and added in some Nut Brown to darken up the colors a bit.

Finally, I HAD to make a Christmas card.  Another stamp from my stash, and it says Wishing You Happy Holidays.  I again used my G99 Olive marker for my foliage.  I used Vintage Christmas Flower Soft, then added on some Polar White Diamond Range Flower Soft for a little Christmas snow.

This technique would look great with any of the  Flower Soft outdoor "accessory" stamps, or similar stamps you may have in your stash.  I love that these neutral Copic markers are made so much more versatile by using them like this!

Supplies Available at Cutters Creek:

2 comments:

  1. Great job. I have such a hard time with the flowersoft. You make it look so easy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this very same stamp...and have never used it...but my goodness you make it look gorgeous...I love how you used it..I will have to try this myself....Beautiful cards...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails