Thursday, November 25, 2010

Homecoming With Vicki & Her Special Daughter

Scrap Project 009

My daughter is one of my favorite subject to scrapbook, because she is very photogenic. I thought it would be nice to highlight her great homecoming outfit...and all the girly 'trimmings' that go along with it!!

I started with some paper from my stash. This paper already has a lot going on with it - so I knew I didn't need a lot of embellishments. However, the black and white design would really serve as a great background for her bright red dress. Since this was an opportunity for the kids to really dress up, what better way to highlight the occaision, than to use some of that great American Crafts foil paper!

Scrap Project 008

The title was cut using the Cricut Locker Talk cartridge, using the "Homecoming" title out of basic black Bazzill cardstock, set on top of the title shadow, cut on the silver foil paper. On the second page, the year was cut out of the same black cardstock from the Gypsy Font from my brand new Gypsy! It turned out that there was a border on the Gypsy Wanderings cartridge that matched the floral pattern perfectly. I cut it at 11.5 inches, which isn't quite a full border, but it worked with the background paper. (If I really wanted a 12 inch border, I could have used my 12x24 mat on my Expression.)

Scrap Project 007

I set my photos before adding my embellishments, as I wanted to layer some of the fun Petaloo Color Me Crazy flowers on top of the pictures. I colored my two flowers with my Copic markers, using R24 (Prawn) for the base, and R29 (Lipstick Red) for some highlight lines and edges. Using Copics on these flowers is really easy - the blending occurs naturally because the paper is so porous. (HINT - always color on a mat or scrap paper because the color WILL bleed through these flowers!) The flowers were placed with a drop of Glossy Accents, and then a simple Twinkle Jewel was added to the centers of each flower. It still needed a little BLING - so I accented the inside edges of the "2010" using a simple silver metallic Sharpie. I also added dots around each of the Petaloo flowers to make them stand out. Finally, I used some Liquid Pearls in Pewter to add centers to several of the floral shapes on the background paper, just to make them stand out a little bit more.

So get out there and step outside the 'boxy' look of layouts. Place your pictures at fun angles, overlap embellishments, and don't be afraid to draw a little bit!

Cutters Creek Items Used:
Locker Talk Cartridge
Cricut Gypsy
Cricut Expression
Petalloo Color Me Crazy Flowers
Copic markers - R24, R29
American Crafts Foil Paper
Liquid Pearls - Pewter
Twinkle Jewels - Clear
Glossy Accents

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails