Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Krafty Card for Baby with Lori

So, I've been seeing a lot of all-white cards on Pinterest lately.  Super cute, but of course I feel the need to be different... plus, I needed a baby shower card and I wanted a bit of a vintage feel.  I also wanted to add just a bit of color to the monochromatic base.  So... ta-da!




This is a pretty easy technique to do - the trick is just finding embossing folder patterns that work well together.  You can usually do pretty well by choosing one large-size pattern, one medium pattern, and one small pattern.  Also, try to keep the styles similar - I went traditional, but you could also go all modern or all grungy (think Tim Holtz folders).

Every embossed pattern here is a separate piece of cardstock, layered up.  My focal image is also popped up using foam adhesive tape for added dimension.

I used a variety of border punches to stack "eyelet" borders along the bottom of the card.  At the top of the stack, I added pale pink ribbon and a bow trimmed with my I-magicut ribbon cutter.

Here's a list of the supplies I used to make this card:



Cutters Creek
Other
  • Close To My Heart kraft cardstock
  • Close To My Heart Baby Pink cardstock
  • Close To My Heart Mocha Opaques adhesive pearls
  • Cricut machine and Mother's Day LE mini
  • pink ribbon to match CS
  • Fiskars border punches, Diamond and Effervescence
  • Fiskars embossing border punch, Scalloped Daisy
  • Sizzix/Basic Grey embossing folder, Santa Baby
 That's it for today - thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Lori your card is outstanding! I love how you explained the process of how you came to the end results. Just amazing. Hugs, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails