Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Travel Mementos with Lori

We spent our Easter holidays down south, with most of the week in New Orleans, where my hubby had a conference for work.  I managed to limit each kid to just a couple of souvenirs, and everyone's favorites came from Blaine Kern's Mardi Gras World - they produce most of the floats in the MArdi Gras parades and give tours of their entire production.  My 9yo daughter really wanted a pretty mask she found in the shop, and I wanted to prevent it from getting destroyed so I decided on a shadow box display for her room.

Some glitter cardstock from American Crafts was the perfect thing to set off the shiny & sparkly purple mask.  I also used the Black & White cartridge for the Cricut Imagine, and printed a full sheet of the fleur-de-lis pattern, then trimmed it down and adhered it to the glitter cardstock using Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive.  (I wish the photo showed the glitter cardstock better. I had to leave the glass in place as the mask is not adhered in any way; it's thick enough that it can be held in place with just the glass & backing.)


This close-up shows the glitter a bit better.  I added a "drama queen" photo of her posing with a tiger in the warehouse for something fun to remember.  (She is such a ham.)  She is really looking forward to having this hanging up in her room!

Supplies available at Cutters Creek:
Thanks for stopping by today!  We hope to see you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails