Monday, December 20, 2010

Chris' 3 Quick Card Ideas

Here’s 3 quick cards you can put together in moments with Graphic 45 Christmas Past and your stash. I cut out 3 card bases: a 10x7, 5x8.5, and 4.25x11. Score each at the halfway mark using your Scor Pal and then pick your colors from Graphic 45.


Two of the cards (the tree and the young girl) already have frames. All I did was separate them and use Glue Dots Pop Up Dots to raise the frame on the girl card and raise the picture on the tree card. I then used my Embossing Magic Pad to get rid of static and my Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad for Embossing to edge the tree picture and embossed it with Superfine Gold embossing powder. To finish the tree card I chose another Graphic 45 paper and trimmed out just the sentiment, raised that with Glue Dots Pop Up Dots and edged with Holly Stickles.



The girl card’s frame is raised and I popped out another sentiment, trimmed it with 2 clear crystals and popped it up. I needed to use a double layer of pop dots on the bottom edge to make it lay evenly. In my stash I had these two poinsettias and they frame the top of the picture rather nicely.


The third card was even easier. I cut a Graphic 45 paper to 4.25 x5 and used a doily punch down the two long sides. I glued it down with ScorTape and then popped another image from the paper pack and laid it on top. Using my ScorBug Embosser I ran a row of dots along the top and bottom edge. The best part is that I could just keep going; I still have tons of images, frames, and trims. But this should solve my last minute card problems for now. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas.

Shopping List:
Graphic 45 Christmas Past
Scor Pal
Glue Dots Pop Up Dots
Embossing Magic Pad
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad for Embossing
Superfine Gold embossing powder
Holly Stickles
ScorTape
ScorBug Embosser

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails