Friday, December 17, 2010

Featured Artist-Deb S. (Holiday Home Decor)



I have a BFF who is going through a tough time. I wanted to perk her up and let her know I care, so I made her this plaque for her for the holidays. I focused on the theme "Joy" and used Tilda angels to show her she is loved. The wooden frame is 18" x 5". I painted the frame and the letters with a metallic colored acryllic paint from my stash. The background paper is Bo Bunny. Because the paper was only 12" and the frame was 18", I matched the seams as carefully as I could and then covered those seams with green scrolls cut from TH's "On the Edge" die. I also used TH tissue tape to embellish the paper. I used matte mod podge as my glue for this portion and then put a layer on top of the Tildas and paper. I had colored my Tildas with copics and the mod podge had no effect on the colors. On the Tilda that is "sitting" on the edge of the frame, I glued her on chipboard and then cut her out. I wanted her to be strong enough to sit up straight! The rosettes were made using TH's rosette die. I wanted the rosettes to be a little smaller, so before folding them, I cut about 1/4" from the non-scalloped portion. At this point, I used either hot glue or Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive. The flowers on the rosettes are tiny little primas. The flowers in the "O" were cut from my stash of old silk flowers, and the copper key was also from my stash. The charm holder is from 7 gypsies, and the charms are from my stash. The metal snowflake was an old tree ornament, blinged up with gold sticky crystals.


3 comments:

  1. What a great friend you are. This is precious. Bless yoy, Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SOOOOO pretty! She will definitely LOVE it!! :) Congrats on the featured spotlight buddie!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails