Thursday, December 2, 2010

Holiday Card by Vicki




With the holidays fast approaching, many crafters have holiday cards on their minds! I originally made this card for a card challenge, but didn't get a chance to put it up in time. The challenge was to create a holiday card with words only - no images. With my new Gypsy, there are a bunch of phrases on the Gypsy Wanderings cartridge that were possible to use! I started with some basic deep blue Bazzill card stock. I wanted to have this be a unique size, so I cut the card to 12x6. I folded the card in half with my Scor Pal. Next, I cut a piece of lighter blue cardstock one inch smaller on both sides, so that I had a full half inch border around it. Instead of cutting straight lines, I used the antique blade on my paper trimmer to give the edges a little interest. I folded this in half with the Scor Pal as well. To give the light blue cardstock some texture, I ran it through the Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls embossing folder. The texture of the deep blue base and the light blue embossed card were begging for more interest, so I inked the edges of each of these papers, plus portions of the embossing, with a white ink pad. Before I attached the textured paper to the base, I added a shiny, transparent ribbon with a simple knot to the card. Next, it was time to cut the words. The shadow of the word 'Wish' was cut on American Crafts silver foil. The top layer of the "Wish" sentiment was cut on light blue American Crafts glitter paper. The knot of the ribbon makes it slightly more difficult to attach the sentiment, but to get around this, I used 3D Foam corners to make the verbiage the same height.
This is a simple, elegant and EASY card to make for last minute holiday sentiments!

3 comments:

  1. Looks great. Love those AC products!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card and the glitter paper. I need to order more of that from Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! Simple always looks so elegant, especially with that glitter cardstock.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails