Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Card by Vicki


My card today is another simple, but elegant way to say 'Happy Holidays' or whatever holiday you celebrate this season. I started with a simple kraft cardstock base, cut at 8 1/2 x 5, and folded in half using the Scor Pal. I cut a piece of white card stock one quarter inch smaller than the front of the card, giving a one-eighth border around the edge. I ran this white cardstock through the Cuttlebug, using the Swiss Dots embossing folder. To make the dots really stand out, I highlighted the embossing and the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in "Barn Door". Using a simple ribbon, I wrapped the white embossed paper with a red transluscent ribbon, adhering the ribbon on the back of the white cardstock, hiding the ends. Finally, I attached the white paper to the kraft paper base using Glue Dots. I topped it off with a simple bow.

This leaves a nice open spot to add any embellishment desired. I chose to make the card more whimsical, so I chose candycanes. These were cut on the Cricut, using the Very Merry Tags cartridge, but any holiday themed image will work. I popped them up off of the white embossed paper using 3D dots, and made them 'hang' on white ribbon. I wasn't pleased with how plain the candycanes looked, so I highlighted the outer edge of them with Diamond Stickles. I added bling to a small number of the embossed dots on the white cardstock, using Xmas Red Stickles.

By leaving the front of the card plain, you can add any sentiment you desire on the inside of the card!

Cutters Creek Items Used:
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder
3D Glue Dots
Ranger Distress Ink - Barn Red
Stickles - Diamond and Xmas Red

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails