Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Deanna M (Featured Artisit) Advent Calendar





Last Christmas I made my mom an Advent Calendar so this year she asked if I was making one for her this year. So, I thought why not. So off to Google I went and did a search for Cricut Advent Calendars. Here is the site I found for inspiration: http://www.bubblyfunk.co.uk/tracie-hudson-christmas-advent-a-39.html.

This calendar was made using small matchboxes. Of course I thought I can make those. I used the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More, Cricut Cartridge and cut 24 matchboxes. I cut the drawer part at 3" but had to enlarge the box part so the drawers went in easier. I resized the box part of the cut on my Gypsy and cut them at 3.08". The boxes were scored and assembled using Score-Tape. I added green and red brads from American Crafts. Directions on how to create this project can be found on the link above. I used two 6" X 6" pieces of chipboard for the top and bottom portions of the "cabinet". For the top I cut Christmas Wishes from the Winter Frolic Cartridge at 2 1/2". Cuts for the sides were cut at 1 1/2". I cut the numbers for the drawers at .45" using the Roly Poly font from the Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge.

The mittens were so small when I cut them I couldn't use the snowflakes that were cut to go on top of them. Instead, I used my white gel pen to draw in the snowflakes and then used my Quickie Glue Pen to apply glue and Martha Stewart Sugar Cube glitter. I also used the same glue and glitter for the white cuff's of the mittens.


Supplies:
Patterned Paper: DCWV Christmas Stack
Paper: Bazzill Card Stock, and Scraps from Stash
Cartridges:
Winter Frolic -Sentiment
Simply Charmed - Santa and Chimney
Jolly Holidays - Mittens, Noel Banner, Gingerbread Man
Doodlecharms - Stocking
Tree and Snowflake Buttons
Adhesive:
Beacons 3 in 1 Glue (buttons)
Scor Tape (boxes and cabinet)
ATG Gun
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
Quickie Glue Pen (numbers)
Foam Tape
Stickles:
Lime Green
Christmas Red
Stardust
Brads - American Craft Burgundy and Leaf Green
Martha Stewart Sugar Cube fine glitter

8 comments:

  1. Deanna! What a amazing work of art! You rocked this girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Deanna - that's a pretty special advent calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deanna, What a GORGEOUS piece of art!! I know your mom will truly cherish this AND the memory of receiving it! What a wonderful daughter you are!!! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an ADORABLE calender!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful gift. It looks to be time-consuming. Can you estimate how long it would take for someone else to recreate. I am sure the next time you make this that it will go quicker now that you have already done the planning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job...love the idea..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails