Sunday, April 10, 2011

Happy Easter

I love my Cricut and I look for any excuse to use it.  I thought my new cartridge Kate’s ABC’s would be perfect for an Easter card. 

kates abcs easter_edited-1

I picked this sweet little bunny cut and filled all the layers with colors from the Cricut Imagine cartridge Lori’s Garden.  I ran some yellow cardstock through my Cuttlebug and embossed it with one of the folders from the cricut companion sets.  I love how these sets come with a couple 5 x 7 folders.  These work perfectly when you want the entire front of a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card embossed like I did here.  I cut this little top note shape, which is one of the stock shapes that comes with the Imagine, and used that to mat my image.  The pattern in the shape is also from Lori’s Garden.  I pop dotted the little bunny and the butterfly up off the background and put little pearls in the center of the flowers.  I finished it off by cutting another Imagine shape in pale yellow and stamping a sentiment on it.  Using your cricut enables you to make some great cards in a relatively short amount of time. 

3 comments:

  1. Mindy that is so cute. I love it. I want to get Kate's ABC's, it has such cute images on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!!! i dont have that cartridge, but looks like Im gonna have to add that to my collection now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails