Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Mother & Daughter Layout by Vicki

I am more of a scrapbooker than a stamper, but I wanted to take an opportunity to show that stamps aren't JUST for cards. You can use them in your scrapbook too!



Our family took a cruise two years ago, and we enjoy getting professional pictures taken by their staff. (This is typically some of the only photos of ME, since I'm usually the one with the camera!) As we're coming up to Mother's Day, I thought this picture of me with my daughter would be appropriate.

This is a large 8x10 picture, so I didn't want to overwhelm it with lots of fancy papers. I started with a plain white piece of cardstock, and dressed it up with Inkadinkadoo Sketchy Flourishes stamps (special order). I used an embossing ink, like the Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad-Clear (For Embossing) and stamped the image on my page. Next, I sprinkled an ample amount of Ranger Super Fine Embossing Powder over the stamped image. Once the image is covered in powder, gently lift the paper, and lightly tap the paper to get rid of the excess powder. Finally, using a heat tool such as the Heat It Craft Tool, warm up the stamped and powdered image on the paper. It's important not to get too close to the paper with the heat gun or your paper will discolor! It's amazing to see that embossing powder turn into a shiny stamped image. Don't keep the heat gun on too long, or it will actually over melt the embossing powder. I did two images in black, and a third image with some red glittery embossing powder from my stash.

I actually did make a mistake - and had a fourth image embossed - but it didn't turn out at all...so instead of starting over, I artfully hid that corner with paper! I used a black Bazzill corner, and topped that with a piece of American Crafts Foil Cardstock.

To finish this off, I made a title on my Gypsy, using one of my new favorite fonts from Quarter Note. I welded the words Mother and Daughter, and cut each of these on more American Crafts Foil Cardstock in silver and red.

I am really pleased with the way this simple layout turned out. Hopefully, my daughter will treasure it for a long time!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails