Friday, April 29, 2011

Mini Tilda Create Card by Chris

I started with an A2 size card base of cream cardstock, scored and folded at 4.25 inches and then, used Fiskar decorative edge scissors to trim the edges. Using Distress Ink Pad Dusty Concord and my Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink Applicator and Inksenntials foam pads, I colored the edges. The ink was a bit darker than I wanted so I spritzed some water into the air and wafted the card through the mist. Immediately the ink softened and blended just the right amount—amazing Tim products and techniques. The card was now a bit smaller than an A2 size so I cut another 4.25x5.5 piece from purple cardstock to back it. It looked too plain and needed a little bit of lovin’, so I grabbed the Flower Soft Silver Peel Off Stickers to trim the edges. I also knew that this silver would echo the main accent of the card, but I was really pleased with how easy these are to use. I just pulled up a strip and laid it along the edge, trimmed the overlap and worked my way around the rectangle. EASY PEASY! (Thanks Kim for showing us how to use these!) Used my ATG to glue down the cream card onto the purple base.


Another strip of purple was edged with a MS deep edger (finished size 3 inches by 5.25). I created an original ribbon by using chalk white seam binding, some silver pigment ink, and a “create” stamp. Just stamp the design along the fabric and let dry. (I wish the binding had been a wider piece because I was hoping to use it vertically with a series of Tilda’s on it—oh, well; if you try this, please share. I’d love to see how it comes out for you.) Scor Tape helped adhere the ribbon across the middle and was tied in a knot on the side.

American Craft Silver Glitter Paper was used with my new Spellbinders Shapeabilities Parisian Accents. I also cut a 1.5 inch circle from the cardstock and some fun foam. I ran both circles through my Xyron and mounted the cardstock on the foam and the foam on the center of the Shapeabilities. I also inked the edge of the circle with Dusty Concord. (Be sure to rub off the excess glue around your circle. I run an old crochet hook around my images before lifting them off the Xyron glue paper.) I glued the Accent down with a zig pen and went to work on Tilda.

Sweet Tilda was stamped with Black Memento Ink on cryogen white paper and colored with my Copics. Once colored, I trimmed her with my Cutter Bee Scissors and used a couple of Glue Dots to stand her on the purple circle and colored a bit of shadow to the left and under her dress.

Skin: E00, E21, E50
Dress & Shoes: C1, C2
Slip & Socks: V91, V93, V95
Hair: E31, Y11
Shadow: C1

Another sweet project done with stamping and Minis. What are you up to?

3 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails