Friday, February 19, 2010

Card Making Step by Step by Mandie


For today's project I thought I would focus on a few of the products you may not think about when viewing a finished project. I took a few photos of my card in process. To begin I made an 8" x 3 1/2" card from off-white cardstock. I cut a piece of striped paper to 8" x 3 1/2" and cut the heart paper to 8" x 1 1/2". Then I used my Tombow Mono Adhesive tape runner to stick the heart paper to the left side of the stripe.



Next I tore off a piece of 1/8" Scor-Tape about 9" long and adhered in on the seam where my papers meet, wrapping it around the back of the paper. One of the best things about the Scor-Tape, aside from its awesome sticking power, is the fact that you don't need to gunk up your scissors cutting it. It tears so easily! You may notice under my project in the photos is my Bazzill Splat Mat. I love the fact that I can wrap my adhesive around the back of my paper and I don't worry about my project sticking the the table. It is non-stick and heat safe up to 500 degrees so you can emboss on it too with out worrying about damaging your table.

After I stuck the ribbon down I decided that I wanted to add a few heart brads. I pulled out my Tim Holtz Design Ruler to find the center point on the striped paper and used the holes built right into the ruler to pierce the paper where I wanted to add the brads. This is a great multi-purpose ruler! It has the holes spaced every ½” and it is also a true 12" ruler for accurate measurements. It has the ¼” grid to make finding your exact placement super easy and it has a metal edge on one side so you can use a craft knife without damaging the ruler. The other edge of the ruler is tapered so that you can draw lines easily. And it’s clear so you can see your project through the ruler.


After adding my brads I still thought the card needed a little more embellishment so I pulled out my flower stash! The base flower I used is a multi-layered flower with no center hole so but I wanted to add more to it. I didn't want to poke a hole in my flower so instead I used my mini Glue Dots on the backside of my white flower to stick it in the center of my red flower. I added a pretty pink rhinestone to the center of the paper flower to cover up the hole.



Next I grabbed my Tombow Mono Adhesive tape runner to stick the completed card front to my base. Now I could have just added my sentiment to the inside of my card and called it finished but I also wanted to talk about a part of the card we don't always think about.... the back!





You can let your lucky recipient know that you made your card just for them with this adorable stamp set! The Image Tree Handmade Clear Stamp Set has a number of cute images. For my project I chose the "bar code" stamp that says "Just For You" and the "Designed with Love by:________________" stamp. I just inked them up with some Brown Ink and signed the back with my pink Sakura Jelly Roll Pen.


Here is a list all of the products featured in today’s project which can be purchased at Cutters Creek:

Tombow Mono Adhesive
Scor-Tape
Bazzill Splat Mat
Tim Holtz Design Ruler
Glue Dots
Image Tree Handmade Clear Stamp Set
Sakura Jelly Roll Pen

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails