Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Lea is Love Struck!



There is still plenty of time to whip up a romantic card for your sweetie! Creating a card is so easy with Cricut cartridges – so many wonderful choices when it comes to hearts, flowers, birds, and other loving sentiments. In addition, SCAL2, and MTC allows you to further personalize your card as you quickly design elements that work in tandem with Cricut cartridges. Cutter Creek has it all!

Both MTC and SCAL2 has shapes you can click on to create your designs. Hearts are already made for you, so all you have to do is click the shape, size, and cut. I do a lot of my own drawing, but if you can find a silhouette of a couple, use that and transform it (with MTC it is effortless) into an SVG file. Cutters Creek also has a designer who sells SVG files and I’m sure if you can’t find what you need, she can create it for you.

Love Struck was created by cutting 2 wavy rectangles one slightly smaller than the other. I liked the color combinations of red-pink-purple. A white rectangle was cut with a textured paper (Bazzill is great) and used Pebbles Chalk to add pink to it (Cutters Creek has several Palettes to choose from). The hearts, and the words were all creating within MTC software. The outline heart was found on the web and transformed into an SVG in 5 seconds!

I am having so much fun creating images and I have no technical talents what-so-ever. Between SCAL2 and MTC, I am doing designs I never thought I could do. The image below is of a simple card I made for a friend’s birthday. Cutting the shapes on plain or patterned paper can enhance the design. In this image I forgot about the patterned paper and just used plain Bazzill paper. I wanted to add some sparkle to the images so I used Sakura of America’s Glitter Gelly Roll Pens. You can use the Copic Spica pens for the same results.



All these wonderful products can be purchased here at Cutters Creek. Kim also has a group Cricutlovers which can help a newbie understand how to use the software, as well as SCALhints, and MTC yahoo groups to guide you along.

Supplies:
Bazzill Paper in various colors
MTC and/or SCAL2 Software
Cricut Expression
Zig Two-way Glue
Sakura of America Glitter Gelly Roll Pens or Copic Spica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails