Sunday, February 28, 2010

Lily Ballerina Lace Card by Vicki



Here is another quick and simple card, that can be used for Valentine's...or any other special occasion. In this example, I made it a "Thank You" card, to thank someone for a special gift!

The card was cut with my Cricut Expression, using the Wild Card cartridge. I cut both the card and the matching envelope. Remember, when using Wild Card, it's easier to cut the envelope first, using the "Fit to Page" feature...and make note of the measurement it calculates to make the envelope. (It will flash briefly on your display screen before it starts to cut the envelope!) Next, make sure the "Fit to Page" feature is OFF, set your dial size to the size the display showed, and THEN cut your card.

The stamp is from the Pink Cat Studios line: Lily Ballerina Valentine. She was stamped on Prism paper using the Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black, and then colored with Copic markers. Next, she was cut out and placed on a simple circle in complementary colors. The white background really makes her "POP" on the front of the card. I then used the same patterned paper on the inside liner of the envelope to coordinate the set.

The card cutouts around the outside edge are spaced and numbered just right to 'lace' a ribbon through it.

I used my Scor Pal to score the edges of both the card and the envelope.

All the products below can be purchased at Cutters Creek:
Pink Cat Studio stamp
EZ Mount
Memento Ink Pad
Prism Paper
Copic Markers
Cutter Bee Scissors

1 comment:

  1. Great tip! I always struggle with getting envelopes after I have made my cards. I never thought to go about it envie first then card! LOL Thanks, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails