Sunday, July 1, 2012

Masking Resist Project by Chris

Played with the new Splitcoaststampers tutorial using art masking fluid as a resist and my distress inks. I tried the same image twice just for practice. My handwriting is awful and I think I need a much smaller brush to write nicely next time—or maybe not write at all, but I did enjoy the process. I used two series of Distress Inks on both sets of images: greens and blues. I started with Shabby Shutters, then Bundled Sage, then Peeled Paint, and of course, my newest addition, Mowed Lawn. For the blues I started with Tumbled Glass, added (you got it!) Salty Ocean, and, finally, Stormy Sky. The seahorse was another Distress Ink—Worn Lipstick. For the sand on the bottom of the ocean I inked some Brushed Corduroy and then used Vintage Photo around the other three sides to give some depth to the image. My Perfect Layers tools came out and I made two 1/8-inch mats. All I need to do now is mount them on a card base and send off.


  1. Love your examples! Great blending of all of those colors!

  2. Nice work... Love how they came out!

  3. Chris that sounded quite involved. And I really love how all the colors blended so well together. Just like you I have terrible handwriting. But those inkscential pens are really nice to use if you like to write your own sentiments. You did an awesome job on the technique. Hugs, Fran


Related Posts with Thumbnails