Saturday, July 28, 2012

Stair Step Card Tutorial by Fran

 

I fell in love with the cutest decorated stair step card I saw on the Whiff of Joy Blog.  I also loved the theme too.  It really inspired me to give it a try.  I guess you can say that I scrap lifted but added my own style to my version of the card.  I like to share with you the steps I took to come up with the same size card as on the Whiff of Joy Blog that folds to approximately 5” by 5” square card.

I was undecided on how I was going to decorate it so I colored the images I wanted to use.  And the background piece I wanted to use also.  But the rest of the elements may be different in the finished card then what you see below.  But not that much of a difference. I added lots of flowers and butterflies that I did not show below.

(Click on photos for larger view)

Pieces Of All Elements For Card

To get the finished size as indicated above you need a piece of card stock that measures 10-1/2” by 5”.  And you score it using the measurements indicated in the photo below.

Stair Step Card Measured and Creased

  1-1/4”, 2-1/2”, 4-1/4”, 6”, and 8-1/4”

Once you score your card you fold accordion style.  But make sure the first small fold is folded down.  And this is the portion that is the front of your card.  See photos below of how it looks once folded.

Preliminary Card Base Folded

Preliminary Card Base Folded_Side View

Once I had my card folded in the stair step style I began putting elements on the different layers (steps).  Below is a photo of the beginning stages of my card.

Partial Layout of Stair step card

 

Here is the finished card!  I had fun making this card and will probably make more but it does involve lots of elements.  And it helps to think of the theme so you can gear all of your elements to that theme.  I hope you like it.  Details about the card are below the photos.

Front View 1

Side View

Close close up

o  Images:  Fence & Stone Path (La La Land) now at Cutter’s Creek

o  Sassy Sally Sets in Wonder (Sassy Cheryl’s Digital Images

Note:  Fence and Sassy Sally colored w/Prisma Colored Pencils

o  Background Sky & Sun Paper (Digital paper by Creativeqube)

o  Pattern Papers – Recollections (my stash)

o  Squirrel – Free Digital Image (my stash) Colored w/Prisma         Colored Pencils

o  Mushrooms – Free Digital Image (colored using Paint Shop Pro)

o  Grass – Free SVG Cut File (my stash)

o  Sentiment – Cuddly Buddly Crafts

o  Flowers – Fancy Blossoms Die Cut by Memory Box

o  Butterflies – Butterfly Delights Die Cut by Memory Box

Liquid Pearls – by Ranger

Stickles Glitter Glue by Ranger

   Thank you for stopping by

Cutters Creek!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, Fran, it's just adorable! I love your coloring and all the elements just go together! Love the grass, squirrel, and the mushroom are way too cute. Great flowers and thanks so much for the directions. Fun, fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Great tutorial thanks for sharing.

    Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ms. Fran....this is soooooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, Fran. The grass is so cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fran, this is so dang cute! I love all the layers and how colorful it is. Your tutorial makes it look so easy to make. I have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoy the stair step cards and yours is adorable! Great tutorial. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fran, your creativity continues to wow me! This is a fantastic card--I love all the elements and how well they go together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card! Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great tutorial...wish I had found it earlier...like about an hour ago...lol. Thank you for the tutorial, and the card is awesome.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails