Friday, May 21, 2010

Baby Card by Lori

I needed a new baby card for a friend, and immediately thought of the Mother's Day mini cartridge. There's a really sweet and simple baby carriage on there along with all the other good stuff, and I knew it would be perfect!
I created a 5"x7" card layered with a 5"x5" piece and a 2"x5" piece of patterned papers. Using my Cricut and the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge, I cut a circle to 4.25" with Real Dial Size turned on (you can also use George or any other cart with a circle). Next I switched to the Mother's Day cartridge and turned OFF Real Dial Size. I cut the baby carriage and its shadow at 3.5" from two shades of pink CS. I cut the lace strip at 1.25", large enough to be able to cut the ends off after I adhered it to the card so it looks more like a piece of lace or eyelet ribbon. I lightly sponged the edges of both carriage layers with matching pink stamping ink.
After adhering the paper lace strip, I adhered my circle, then the shadow layer of the carriage. I applied foam adhesive to the back of the top carriage layer and adhered it to the shadow layer. Finally, I adhered some Dew Drops to the wheel hubs using Glossy Accents and stamped a sentiment across the bottom. Quick & easy!

Products available at Cutters Creek:
Mother's Day Mini Shape Limited Edition Mini Cartridge
Ranger Glossy Accents
Dew Drops from The Robin's Nest
Tombow Adhesive

3 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails