Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Child's Birthday Card by Chris


Got a Cricut? Got ZooBalloo? Got American Craft Glitter Paper? Then it’s a breeze to make this birthday card. I used the AC sunflower paper for my base and the chestnut for the lower level. Both the lower level and the base animal were cut at 4 inches on my personal cricut. I glued the two pieces together and set them aside. I decided to use a brown cardstock for the card and cut an 8.5x11 paper in half on the short end. (I wanted a long card to balance a tall giraffe.) Using my scor-pal I scored the card at 5.5 inches. I decided the giraffe needed to be grounded and took some scraps of green cardstock and fringed them with my cutterbees. I glued these strips down first on the bottom of the card so I could slip two of the giraffe’s legs behind the fringe and two in front, thinking that that might give it a more dimensional look. Two dots of Diamond Black stickles accented the eyes. I then cut the letter G at 3 inches from the chestnut glitter paper and using Glue Dots Pop Up Dots angled the G over the giraffe and into the space on the right. Happy Birthday was stamped with white ink.

The card still needed something else and thinking of the African plains decided it was the sun! Of course this fit nicely with the scrap of yellow glitter paper that I left and using my George cartridge cut a circle and trimmed it to fit the corner. A few rays of yellow stickles finished that off, but the right corner needed more. Can you see the ant crawling through the grass? I found an old stamp and using Tuxedo Black from Memento ink added him, stamped an Image Tree “Homemade” stamp on the back and its ready to send.

Cutters Creek Items Used:
Cricut: Personal cutter with George cartridge
Cricut Cartridge: Zooballoo
Ranger Stickles: Diamond Black and Yellow
Cutterbee Scissors
Scor-Pal
Image Tree Clear Stamp Card Set-Handmade
American Crafts Glitter Paper: sunflower and chestnut
Glue Dots Pop Up Dots
Memento Ink: Tuxedo Black

8 comments:

  1. what a darling card, Chris. Love that glitter paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I love the fringy grass too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it (and i have that cart!)
    Hugs,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card! I love all the glittery papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is SOOOO cute!! I love the giraffe...any child will LOVE this card! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely adorable! My grandson would love this card! That really really is cute! Thanks for sharing. Kerry P.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's an adorable card, love the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just too cute! Love the glitter paper!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails