Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Vicki's Grad


My son is a senior in high school this year, and I was amused by the way they called themselves "SEN10RS", designating the class of 2010. So, I thought I would create a file in Design Studio that imitates that. The font is Base Camp. I emphasized the '10' by making that slightly larger than the other letters, and cutting it in a different color. This portion is not actually adhered to the card. I have attached a tiny safety pin to the back of this piece, so that the kids can wear their 'Sen10rs' like a pin (or a bow tie, as my son says!). I also made a file that has three 'Sen10rs' pieces together, folded in a triangle, which will make a nice centerpiece at the graduation party ;-)! The basic .CUT file for the Sen10rs piece can be found at http://www.4shared.com/file/dRfJn7CV/SEN10RS_BOLD.html

The card base is the graduation cap from the Locker Talk cartridge. I figured out what size I wanted for the cap, and then 'copied, welded, flipped and rotated' my copy to the top of the first cap. I overlapped them slightly, so that there is a tiny fold at the top of the card. I cut the tassle in the school color, and the top button of the cap is in gold. The tassle itself is actually a solid cut, but I found that too bland, so I used my scissors to cut 'fringe' into the tassle. My .CUT file can be found at http://www.4shared.com/file/d8fdv7uX/Grad_Card.html

We have over a dozen seniors, and each of them will get a card and pin at the final band concert in a few weeks. I think the simplicity of this card is what makes it so nice. I will be able to easily create as many as I need, without too much hassle!

Cutters Creek Items Used:
Locker Talk
Base Camp
Design Studio
Cutterbee Scissors
Glue Glider Pro

7 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [12 May 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. I just finished (and I do mean just finished...as in glitter has to dry and it's done) my daughter's graduation card. I am thinking about adding the wording on the front of the card on the cap I made. Thanks for sharing...I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! I'm stealing this :) Thanks for sharing, Vicki!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! My son's a senior, too. Any chance this can be turned into an SVG? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how you put it all together, fab card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janine - I am not a good SCAL designer...if there are folks out there that have a similar card - can you please post and let us know? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails