Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mother's Day Card by Laura B.

For my Mother-in-Law I wanted to create a card in hubby's favorite color, purple. I gathered up all of my stray purple scraps and odds and ends that I could find. The individual pieces of cardstock needed are nice and small, so my favorite purple scrap papers worked great.

To begin this card, you need to cut your base card 5.25 inches x 12 inches. Score at 2", 4", 8" and 10 inches. I recommend the ScorPal for this task. Measure down from the top of the card 1.5 inches and make a mark on the 2" and 10" score lines. Measure up from the bottome of the card, and mark on the 2" and 10" score lines. Use your ruler to draw a light line between the 2" - 10" score marks for your cut line. Use a straight edge and a craft knife to cut your card on your lines. Erase your marks.


Beginning at the front your first fold will be a mountain fold on the 2" score line. Your fold on the 10" line will be a valley fold. For the center of the card you will fold the top and bottom strips the same way, and then the middle strip will be folded the opposite way. Fold the top and bottom strip on the 4" score line using a valley fold. Fold the middle strip on the 4" score line as a mountain fold. Fold the 8" score line on the top and bottom strip as a mountain fold. Fold the 8" score line in the middle as a valley fold. Use your bone folder to make nice crisp folds.

I cut two matching strips for my front and back flaps using a 1.75" x 5.25" strip. I adhered it using my Glue Glider Pro I cut a 4 x 6 inch piece of cardstock and embossed it using my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. I cut four strips total from this piece. Two pieces measuring 1.75" x 2.25", and two pieces measuring 1.25" x 3.75". I also cut four pieces of cardstock at 1.25" x 1.75". I adhered all of them using my Glue Glider Pro.



For the butterflies, I used different punches and I embossed scraps of paper using my heat tool.



I added my fibers using Beacon's 3 in 1 adhesive. The lavendar pearls are from Kaisercraft.



For my sentiments, I stamped them using my Inkadinkado stamps on a strip of Bazzill Ivory cardstock cut at 3.5" x 2".



I arranged various embellishments from my "leftovers" drawer to pull the card together.



I hope my mother-in-law enjoys her card. It looks very difficult to make, but it took less than an hour start to finish.



Products available from Cutters Creek Store:



ScorPal

Bazzill Cardstock

Cuttlebug & Cuttlebug Folders

Beacon 3 in 1 Adhesive

Kaisercraft Pearls

Glue Glider Pro

Inks and Embossing powders

Ranger Heat Tool

Fiskars Craft Knife

Tim Holtz Design Ruler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails