Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hot Rod Dad Card by Lori


Do you have a dad in your life who enjoys motorcycles or hot rod cars? Here's a super simple Father's Day card to get his engine revving!

First, I used the Moroccan Screen embossing folder from Cuttlebug to emboss a 4" x 5.25" piece of black cardstock. Next, I used a clear ink pad and completely coated the dry embossed cardstock. I sprinkled on clear embossing powder and heat embossed the entire piece. In person, this gives a great powder-coated metal look.

For my DAD cut, I used Make The Cut software for my Cricut and a free font called Hot Rod Gang BV cut at three inches from orange CS. I moved the letters close together, and created a shadow layer at 0.05" from red CS.

I inserted matte silver brads in the corners of the black piece, then layered everything on a red A2 card base. Another quick & easy project!

The following products to create this card are available at Cutters Creek:

cardstock
clear ink pad (Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad - Clear)
Super Fine Embossing Powder 1 oz. - Clear
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Moroccan Screen
Make The Cut software
Cricut Expression

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, love the adaption in the text.

    Great job and the Moroccan screen is awesome on the black and embossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome card - another great example of a masculine card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Moroccan screen embossing! Great card!
    Hugs, Marsha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails