Monday, May 24, 2010

Father's Day Cards with Melissa


So one neat benefit of making cards for the Cutters Creek Design Team is that I can get holiday cards completed early. Like today, I am showing my Father's Day cards and it is still MAY!Yoohoo!! Hopefully today's post will inspire a few of you to get your cards completed early too!For my cards, I started with a stamped image from my stash. I knew it was the PERFECT representation for Father's Day and what the men in my family mean to me and my children. I didn't want everyone to be the same, so I used cool greys and blues to color the suits. All I did was include more or less of the middle shades and they each turned out looking completely different from one another which is fantastic! The markers I used are towards the bottom of the post, but if you want to know specific groups used, just leave a comment with a way to contact you and will send the info :o)

I wanted to personalize a few of the "D's" on the front so I roughly (I am a colorer NOT a drawer!) drew a Batman emblem for my dad, after all he is Bruce Wayne, and a toilet and plunger for my Grandpa - -He and my Grandmother owned a Plumbing business for 20 years. I decided I wanted to make an easel card after all of my figures were colored. I loved Beate's tutorial on SCS, but I didn't want to waste any paper. I found a more economical way on Created by Katie Cotton. I folds great and stands nicely - -I didn't have to weigh down the face of the card so that it wouldn't flip up! I cut the layering pieces with my We R Memory Makers Ultimate Cutting Kit. I cut in 1/4" increments so the layers were vi sable but thin. I pulled some phrase stamps from my cabinet, crossing my fingers I had something for Father's Day......humm . . . . maybe I should post about organization later . . . . .
Back to the card :o) I found a PERFECT stamp set from ages ago that is from Close to My Heart. It says "You are my Hero" How great is that!?!? It also had a matching design that said "Happy Father's Day" for the inside of the card. I used 2 different sentiments for my husband's card and my dad's. Yes, I am a Daddy's girl thru and thru!
Next, I assembled the card, barely resisting to add more embellishments as this is a Man's Card. . . spoken in a deep voice :o) And tada, a quick, simple, meaningful Father's Day card! I hope this gave you some ideas!
Here are the Copics I used I forgot to include the Spicas so those are listed as well:
Copic Atyou Spica Glitter Pen Gold, Silver, Sky Blue, Red


4 comments:

  1. Melissa - Those are incredible! I absolutely love them!!! I think a few very lucky dads are getting some awesome cards this year!! Thanks for sharing your skills with the group!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are awesome! You girls really are close to push me over the edge on the Copics! (And I also really wish I had bought that you are my hero stamp set, lol.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, sweetie! ya did it again!!! the guys will love the cards. Grandpa will get a kick out of his. you really did a good job!

    love ya
    Mom
    Lorene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic manly man (deep voice) cards.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails