Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Special 50th Anniversary with Melissa




So this year is my grandparent's 50th Anniversary. On Mother's Day we surprised them with a visit from Elvis (my grandmother LOVES Elvis) and a book telling them about what they will be doing for their anniversary this year. My grandparent's were married in the Little White Wedding Chapel off of the strip in Las Vegas. My aunt and sister were also married there so it has become something of a family tradition! We are having them renew their vows as well as providing their room, gas money, gambling money AND tickets to their favorite show, The Price is Right! Aren't they a cute couple!! You can see more of their SURPRISE here!


I made the book inspired by the tutorial found here. I chose golden papers that I picked up at my LSS, as well as the Core'dinations Gemstone papers and Bazzill Dotted Swiss Paper. I think it only took about 10 minutes to make the book and an hour to beautify it. I chose to use a golden vellum for the front and back as I used some cereal boxes to make the heavy duty covers. I stamped “Congratulation” in Versamark and embossed with Ranger Super Fine Clear Embossing Powder. You can see the words a little in the picture below. I was trying to make it look reflective. The stamped images are some from my stash, stamped on Prism paper and colored with copics. Also, the ribbon on the front and used for binding are from my stash. I used 1/2” pop up dots to make the dove's and corner ”Congratulations” stand out a little more. What do you think so far? I had a really hard time giving this to “Elvis” to give my grandparents; I wanted to put it on display!

You can see how I used Smooch Accent Ink-Moonlight to highlight the dove's a little. First I used my C00 and C1 copics to add a little dimension and finished with the Smooch! I also used Smooch ink on the veil and the carriage. FlowerSoft Fuschia was used on the back of the carriage as well as my Atyou Spica pens. I also assembled the whole book using Scor-Tape in 1/4” and 1/8”. The Inside: My LSS had a small section of Las Vegas themed papers and it was PERFECT for what we needed. I just have to say I LOVE the internet!! I found a lot of my pictures and logos on the web and was able to print them out for the book!

Slide Show: click here


Additional Items used:
Inkssentials White Pen
Liquid Pearls Baby Blue
Scor-Pal
Souffle Pens
Multiliner SP Pen 0.3 Black
FlowerSoft Glue
Fingertip Control Craft Knife
Ultimate Cutting Kit
Copics
Multipurpose Heat Tool

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gift! I'm sure they will adore this album - so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, you always do such a great job!!! I knew I could count on you. love ya sweetie!

    Mom/Lorene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to your link for the slideshow and the link doesn't work. I sure would like to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry the link is not working for the slide show!

    this one should work if you copy and paste it in the address bar :o):

    http://s446.photobucket.com/albums/qq181/misscent/50th%20Anniversary/?action=view&current=82ef0314.pbw

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely stunning! I love the colors and the wedding couple how cute! Huggs, Jessie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails