Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day with Sandi


I decided to make a Trifold card for Mother’s Day. I found this lace edge pattern in the Make The Cut Library and welded two together to create this pretty ribbon. I then created a shadow image which I cut out with white cardstock and used as the base. I sprayed the pink cardstock with Shimmerz Ruby Spritz before gluing it to the base. I glued pearls to the center using Tim Holtz Glossy Accents.


I used the Plantin School Book Cartridge to create the words which I welded together using Design Studio. I sprayed them with Shimmerz Ruby Spritz and once the spray was dry, I added Diamond Stickles. I had a quilling book for a few years and always wanted to try quilling and decided now was the time. I used regular card stock and cut it into 1/8 inch strips. The pink petals are very pretty when they unwind the way they are meant to.


Before I quilled the leaves I ran the cardstock through a crimper for an interesting effect.


I cut the butterfly using the Home Décor Cricut Cartridge and I added Diamond Stickles. I used Kaiser Scrapbook paper flowers which I colored with Copic Ciao Marker R20 Blush and embellished with self adhesive pearls by Kaisercraft.


I created the white background with the Martha Stuart Lattice Punch. The trick is to cut the white paper ¼ inch wider to make up for what is cut off using the punch.



I’m really pleased with the soft dainty look of this card.


You can by these items at Cutters Creek
Shimmerz Spritz
Copic Markers
Stickles
Kaisercraft self adhesive pearls
Paper Flowers
Cricut Cartridges
Glossy Accents

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love the cuts - they are so delicate! And the quilling is a great touch! Nice job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic job. Love all the shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful. I love the soft look the pink and white have together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card. thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Kim. It is very dainty and feminine.

    TFS

    Carmen Lucero

    ReplyDelete
  6. How stunning...I love it! i wish I would have thought of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what is the name of the lace edge pattern in Make the Cut library?The card is very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. In reply to the Lace Cut pattern, it's no longer there. At least I can't find it either. I do have a copy and as soon as I figure out the new MTC update works I will put a copy in the library. I will call it :
    MD Lace Border.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails